The prevailing enterprise culture of the region does not recognise the particular challenges of female entrepreneurs, for example, nor are mainstream business support programmes geared to the diverse needs of different client groups, or to the more intensive, client-led support that many clients, particularly those from deprived areas of the region, need.
- The start-up programme will promote and increase entrepreneurship in areas with low levels of enterprise and amongst groups, which are under-represented in enterprise. It will specifically address the issue of the failure of mainstream business support to improve levels of entrepreneurship in these areas through the use of the ‘transformational’ business support methodology which has produces excellent results in the sub-region in the past. Clients in deprived rural and urban areas of the county who experience barriers to enterprise, and are not catered for by the mainstream, will benefit from confidence-building and support into business start-up
- The digital creative programme will provide targeted support to SMEs in this sector, which is an identified strength and growth opportunity for the area. It will also increase entrepreneurship among underrepresented groups, by offering targeted specialist support, which has been show to work in the sub-region
Our Inclusive Enterprise Programme ultimately aims:
- To add value to existing business support services by increasing the potential for enterprise start–up and growth in County
- To strengthen communities and reduce unemployment through local enterprise development in areas of the greatest deprivation
- To contribute to the growth of the important creative digital sector in Warwickshire by engaging a greater number of women in enterprise start up and business growth