Who we are
Coventry & Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust (CWRT), a Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI), was established in 2004 as a not-for-profit specialist finance provider committed to supporting businesses and individuals primarily based in Coventry and Warwickshire.
CWRT has now partnered with The Women’s Economy (WE), a long standing, highly reputable provider of women-focused business support in the region, and Warwickshire County Council, to offer specialist business support in Warwickshire through the new and unique Inclusive Enterprise Programme.
Our programme offers two intensive business support projects in Warwickshire which are specifically tailored to meet the needs of client groups that are both under-represented in business start-up and growth and are not always served by mainstream business support services.
IEP’s support will complement a new “general” county-wide start up service for individuals who have ambitions to start a business and start-up business in their first 12 months of trading.
It will also complement existing specialist support at sub-regional level by focusing on other groups who experience barriers to enterprise including women, lone parents, carers, people with health conditions, ex-offenders and older people. Our services are designed to fill gaps in mainstream business support and lending, address market failures and create a positive and beneficial impact upon the local community.
What we deliver
The Inclusive Enterprise Programme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, part of the Coventry and Warwickshire Business Support Programme, managed by Warwickshire County Council.
The Inclusive Enterprise Programme offers two intensive business support projects:
- The start-up project, The Business Dream, is a free start up support programme exclusive for Nuneaton and Bedworth residents. Our offer is a long-term business support service featuring personalised mentoring, locally delivered group workshops and access to relevant resources and start-up finance. We believe that there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution when starting a business, that is why our unique approach aims to provide clients with specialist support tailored to their needs.
- The digital creative project, Creative Warwickshire, is a unique specialised project aimed at creative and digital freelancers and businesses who have ambitions to grow their businesses, develop new markets and enhance their business skills
The delivery model for both the Business Dream project and specialist Creative Warwickshire project is based on innovative, client-specific and needs-led provision, which has been developed both nationally and regionally during the last fifteen years.
Why Are We Running These Programmes?
We believe that the prevailing enterprise culture of the region does not recognise the particular challenges of female entrepreneurs, for example. We feel that mainstream business support programmes are not geared to the diverse needs of different client groups, or to the more intensive, client-led support that many clients, particularly those from deprived areas of the region, need.
The market failure of mainstream support is particularly significant at both the ‘pre-,pre-start’ and the growth ends of the spectrum as these have been shown to require intensive specialist interventions to overcome significant barriers related to deprivation, gender, age and ethnicity.
Due to our significant experience in providing intensive specialist interventions we have produced this unique ‘Inclusive Enterprise Programme’ to ensure that services are designed to fill gaps in mainstream business support and lending, address market failures and creates a positive and beneficial impact upon the local community.
Our Inclusive Enterprise Programme ultimately aims to:
- To add value to existing business support services by increasing the potential for enterprise start–up and growth in County
- To strengthen communities and reduce unemployment through local enterprise development in areas of the greatest deprivation
- To contribute to the growth of the important creative digital sector in Warwickshire by engaging a greater number of women in enterprise start up and business growth
© 2017 Inclusive Enterprise Programme
Registered business address:
Cheylesmore House, 5 Quinton Road, Coventry
Registered in England & Wales Company Registration No: 05188971